How MPost works
Ever wanted a parcel shipped to your doorstep but you don’t have a physical address? Don’t Stress anymore cause you can learn how MPost works (Mobile post office) by providing you with a digital address that allows you to receive letters and packages from anywhere in Kenya!
MPost isn’t a new service by any means since it’s been around for quite a while. Posta (Postal corporation of Kenya) launched the service some while back but it never gained as much traction as was hoped. All that changed when Safaricom partnered up with the MPost service. The partnership aimed to roll out digital addresses to more than 5 million customers across the country that needed a post office box.
So basically, the reason for the MPost foundation was to provide pocket-friendly prices for postal services since your phone will serve as a virtual address that can be used countrywide for deliveries of any sort.
Think of it like having a P.O box address that Isn’t fixed to a certain location but can be accessed at your nearest Post Office since your phone number will be used as your physical address all thanks to MPost.
How much does MPost Cost?
The MPost service is conveniently priced at KES300 per year. This is quite affordable compared to the amount you’ll be needed to pay for a physical P.O box at any local post office countrywide.
You can easily pay for the service since it supports M-Pesa as a payment gateway which is convenient for most people.
What are the benefits of using Mpost?
So what are the beneficial features of the Mpost postal service?
- Your privacy is well protected since you’ll be provided with a personal delivery which you alone have access to.
- It is safer and quite convenient due to its affordable price.
- Mpost tracks all of your mails and parcels so none of your packages will get lost.
- The mail delivery is significantly fast so wait times for delivery are greatly reduced.
- Whenever a parcel is received, you’ll receive an alert via text for pickup.
When the package has been delivered, you can either choose to have it delivered to your doorstep or you could simply visit the post office and pick them up. Please note that you’ll be charged extra for delivery. The extra charge will be priced according to your physical location.
How to register for MPost
- You’ll be presented with a form where you’ll be required to fill in personal details such as your name, email and ID number.
- After submitting the form, you’ll receive an M-Pesa prompt which will require you to pay KES300.
- You can find the code of the nearest Post office to you by clicking here.
How can I get my parcel delivered to my doorstep?
Picking up parcels from the post office can be quite a hustle so we recommend using a service known as Pick n Drop. This service allows you to easily dispatch packages to your doorstep by simply using your phone. You can apply for Pick n Drop by downloading their App.
The services offered include:
- Delivery of parcels, Letters, Leaflets among many others.
- Bank check deliveries.
- Food deliveries.
- Download the App from the Google play store or App store.
- Launch the app and key in your details and create your account.
- Enter your parcel’s pickup point details and delivery location.
- Pay the required delivery fees which can be done through multiple ways including a pay bill number which will be sent to you through text.
Does Mpost work for International shipping? (Amazon, Ali-Express)
All of this can be solved by using Mpost since you can have your items delivered directly to your primary address provided by Mpost. This is a compelling reason to start using Mpost if you haven’t already and enjoy easy and safe delivery countrywide.
What do you think about MPost? Is it something you would like to give a shot? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.